Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hello Again!

Hi friends (if anyone is actually still looking at this)! Wow, it's been over two years since I've posted on this blog - a ton has happened since my last post, when we had just made a huge move from Long Beach, California to Biarritz, France. Since then I've started another travel blog, The Baguettenbergers, about all our adventures in Biarritz and traveling around Europe (probably the main reason I've been ignoring this one) and have been focusing on Orange Paper Shoppe (which also now has a BLOG). On top of all that I've also been working for Billabong Women's as their digital designer, so as you can imagine I've been very busy and this blog got lost in the shuffle.

A few months back I saw this instagram post and this blog post by Designlovefest, one of the first bloggers I ever followed and was inspired by to start this blog. She was talking about getting back to the good ol' 2009 blogging roots - when posts and images were more raw, more inspired, and not so polished and perfect. I read through ALL the reader comments and seems like everyone feels the same - we all miss that more creative, raw content when bloggers posted random ideas and inspiration, before every post was sponsored and everything was crisp, clean and white. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of all white everything and am very happy in a crisp clean environment, but sometimes miss the old days of collaging random images together, posting random old photos that I've found, just being creative because I feel like it, not because someone is paying me to be. 


So all that being said, I was inspired to get back to this blog, where I can share random projects, illustrations, photos and ideas that I'm not sharing in my other online spaces. Thanks for the inspiration Bri! If you're still reading this, thanks for sticking around, nice to see you again! x


P.S. The photo above is our main view looking out from our apartment in Biarritz. On a sunny day we can see a bit of the ocean in the distance. I snapped this with an old camera that had a half-used roll of film sitting in it for over six years! It was fun to use up the rest of the photos and get them developed. Trying to get back into taking more film photos this summer, I love the element of surprise involved in the process!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Becca! Was thinking about you guys this morning and decided to click on the beccalovesart link in my Favorites bar. Such a nice surprise to see that you're still here.

    ReplyDelete