Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Alaska via Instagram


A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to get to travel to Alaska for work! It was beyond amazing - the most breathtaking views, the coldest I think I've ever been in my life (a close tie with Budapest in the middle of winter in 2006 and Argentina in the middle of winter in 2010), and some pretty unique experiences. We stayed in a small ski resort town about 45 minutes outside of Anchorage called Alyeska. We spent a day at an old mining town called Crow Creek Mine where there were tons of little rustic cabins and mining shacks covered in antlers and rusty metal. There was so much snow I would sometimes take a step and sink all the way down to my waist. My most favorite part of the trip was when we got to go to a Wild Animal preserve and meet a bunch of adorable animals, including a giant porcupine named Snickers, some really friendly moose who loved to eat whole bananas (including the peel!), a herd of buffalo, reindeer, and some black bears. Even though the trip was for work, it was such a refreshing break from being in the office, I left feeling so inspired! These are a few of my favorite shots I snapped with my iphone while I was there, but like most photos they just don't do the place justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment