Friday, March 2, 2012

new york by polaroid

Polaroids from my recent trip to New York. The trip was amazing - got to hang out with some of my best friends, saw so many famous sites, did some fabulous shopping - my favorite stores were Muji and Madewell (2 stories!) in SoHo. I ate a ridiculous amount of crab cakes - the best one on a warm toasted bagel at 4am - I never want to go to sleep, so I love how this city never sleeps. We ate brunch at Balthazar, with David and Victoria Beckham a few tables away - that's not bad for my first New York celebrity citing! Woke up at the crack of dawn, in the FREEZING, FREEEEEZING cold to get on the Today show (I know, we are nerds but we had to).  It snowed almost every day we were there - never stuck, but so fun to see it snowing! My friend Hailey took us to an underground bar called the Tippler where I had the best cocktails of my life - cayenne pepper, tequila and raw chunks of ginger - the BEST spicy combination (Hailey we HAVE to go back there when I come to visit again, I am obsessed!) Walked through Central Park, sat on the steps of the Met, Gossip Girl style, ate a hot dog, rode the subway (it's super easy - just like the metro in Paris except everything was in English!). We also visited the 9/11 memorial, pretty powerful to see the site in person. New York - I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment